Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Power of Free

Time for some honesty... a large focus of mine for the last couple months has been, well, men. I've spent most of my free time dating, and a lot of it. But I think I have reached that completely exhausted faithless moment where I need a break. But that's just a Jerry Springer-esque story for another day. In my pondering on the subject I realize that if I take a break from dating, my social life is going to take a huge hit. And honestly being social is very important to me. It's generally a good release for me from the stresses of life. So I thought well what should I focus my time on instead??? Well how about your crafting obsession? Great idea except you can't afford to even be spending anything on it. Sure you have a supply of tools/materials in a cupboard but not enough to get done the projects that you want/need to get done that should be on the list far before the I'm wasting crafting supplies so that I have something to do items.

So instead I've been thinking how can I get stuff for free?? Or at least practically free?? Latest idea?? Scour the ksl free section, pick up something, redo it (i have enough supplies to do some basic refinishing) and sell it for ridiculously cheap. It's a nice thought right?? I thought of it when I had to sell some furniture before moving into the van this summer. I sold my armoire and nightstand in like a day. Both for more than I paid. Now don't get me wrong, they were originally steals and I sold them so quickly because they were still great deals. So I'm wondering how hard it would be to do this?? Decided that I'd watch the free section today and see if anything good came up, so far, well it's Sunday. Not much luck. We'll see how far my resourcefulness can go.

1 comment: