Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lace Ruffle Tank: My love-hate relationship with sewing

 Presenting my newest creation.  Just a tank with added lace ruffle and then I made the plaid belt.  Cute right??
 
But then we hit problems like this.  The back is so plain.  Sometimes I think it's not so bad but mostly I think it looks so awkwardly plain and I'm stuck on the best way to fix it.  If I add ruffles the shirt will be huge.  Just too much volume. I've thought about just putting a lace overlay on the back but considering the stretchy quality of the tank and no elasticity in the lace, it's not gonna work.  I've exhausted my creativity in coming up with a solution.

 And one more sample of my prized work.  If only you could see the hair too.  I've had to come up with cute new ways to have my hair pulled back for work and this one turned out well.
And the moral of the story is: I hate when I put all this effort into making a top and it's not just perfect.  Someone just buy me a Hollister/Abercrombie gift card and we can all put this mess behind us.

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny, Jess. I think it looks great! And we both know that the things you make are way cuter than what you can buy in the store. I'd rather send you material than a gift card.

    ReplyDelete