Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chalkboard Calendar

I made a chalkboard calendar for the kitchen.  I found the idea here and ran with it.  I found a 2x3 "chalkboard" thingy at home depot for about $6.  I had Chaynce cut it down to 21" long with only minor complaining!  I picked up a white paint pen at Joann's for a few bucks and it was awful.  I don't know if I lucked out and got the broken one or if that's just how they work??  With some practice I could make the squares ok but any writing was a mess!  I needed a new idea, and inspiration hit in the form of scrapbooking stickers.  I looked and found a font I liked but they were black, but I wasn't worried I had some leftover white spraypaint at home.


Ok it's just primer, but it works just fine.


This is the finished product.
 

Here it is hung on the wall.  I need to practice my penmanship with chalk so I won't embarrass myself with pictures of it all filled in.

3 comments: