Thursday, February 13, 2014

DIY Ladder

I've been wanting for some time now to find an old ladder to hang towels on in my bathroom, much like other pinterest addicts.  Well I never could find a decent priced ladder that worked.  But then the other day I stumbled upon this and I told Chaynce DIY means he runs power tools.  He only has complained for a week and made claims that he does the most chores and is the absolute best, but to his credit he whipped it out real quick.  I basically just followed her tutorial other than 1x3's seemed a little bigger than I wanted so I went with 1x2's and a 1" dowel.


Here it is post-stain.  I forgot to get many "before" pics.  It's the same stain we've been using on everything around here, dark walnut by minwax.  After the stain dried I watered down some white paint and roughly applied that and wiped it off with a rag in an attempt at some sort of aging. 

 Here is the "pretty" corner of my bathroom.  It's technically still a construction zone in there.  We still have a few things to finish in there, not counting buy towels that actually match and aren't old and bleached.


This is me pretending we have towels that match.  And that is how we store our TP.  I got that basket at DI several years ago pre-Chaynce and I always like to use it to hold spare rolls of TP.

No comments:

Post a Comment