Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fine Lines

When a guy takes me out and is dropping a lot of money I think one thing: Great how much is he expecting me to put out for this evening?? Sounds like prostitution but I know I'm not alone. You feel obligated to be worth a guy's time and money sometimes.

Case in point: One time a couple years back I was picking up some taco bell real quick as I was hurrying to class. I took just a second too long fumbling with my wallet that the next guy in line just paid. Of course I resisted but he insisted. (lots of sisting) The worst part is all I could do is say thank you and ditch. I had class I was running to, and I informed him of such but to this day I still feel bad that I didn't sit and eat and chat with him at least. I'm pretty sure he didn't plan on paying for a brief thank you and second glance.

So last night a male was seeking my time, however it meant leaving Di-anus to work by herself and driving 20 miles each way. Of course to appease me this male offered a tank of gas for my time. Which puts me right in the dillemma I always hit... I don't need compensated for spending time with a man, I'm no hooker. Or is it more chivalrous for him to offer to take care of me. How many times have I found myself staring down the fine line between chivalry and whoring??? Well it's nice of him... but what is he expecting?? I'm an adult and can take care of myself. But sometimes its sweet for a guy to want to take care of things??

Conclusion: We all know nice guys finish last. Chivalry is how nice guys figured out how to get laid*



*Special thanks to Sween in voicing the conclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment